Speed by Design - SBD400X Turbo Kit - 2013+ BRZ/FRS
1 year review
Posted by Lee1rbc on 14th Dec 2016
I purchased the SBD kit with OFT tuner in January 2016. After 11k miles of driving I can say this is a great kit. There are few things missing that are needed (STI PCV valve) vacuum hose and tee for the BOV, and three rolls of exhaust rap, (the stuff in the kit is horrible). With exhaust I was able to break 300whp and my car went from 15.4 to 12.95 in the 1/4 mile. I have also gone from avg 29mpg to 28mpg. I also highly recommend at least 5w-30 oil and change it every 3k miles. I will NEVER go back to N/A
Looking to maximize horsepower on your factory engine, a turbo upgrade is the best Dollar to HP gained modification you can do for your FRS/BRZ.
The Speed By Design (SBD) Turbo Kit will safely allow you to add 100+ HP on the 100% factory fuel system and clutch/transmission.
On 91/93 octane @ 10 PSI, you can expect 280-300whp depending on exhaust modifications elected.
On E85 Ethanol, power levels over 400whp are capable with upgraded fuel modifications.
Stage 1 Turbo:
- Mitsubishi 20G CHRA with 6+6 Billet Compressor Wheel Upgrade
- SBD 9-Blade Lightweight Hi-Flow Custom Turbine Wheel
- Journal Bearing, Oil Cooled
- Internally Wastegated with 0.7 Bar (10 PSI) Spring
- 52.5mm IND/68mm EXD Compressor Wheel
- 49.2mm/55.8mm TD05H Turbine Wheel with 8cm Housing
- 400-425whp Capable on E85 Ethanol
You must have an Ecutek or Open Flash Tablet to tune your vehicle when purchasing this kit. If you do not already have one of the two options, you’ll need to purchase one with your turbo kit.
- 3-Bar Map Sensor (Included)
- Hi-Temperature Turbo Blanket (Included)
- SBD 50mm Blow-Off Valve in your Choice: Anodized Blue, Red, Black, Gold & Purple (Included)
- 4-Ply Silicone Hose in your Choice: Blue or Black (Included)
- Tig Welded Stainless Steel Turbo Manifold and Exhaust Piping
- Mandrel Bent Aluminum Intercooler and Intake Piping